Gujrati: Vangi Batata Bhaji
Try out this lip smacking recipe.
2 Eggplants, long & thin
Salt to Taste
1 tsp Red chilli powder
1 tsp Coriander powder
1/2 tsp Garam masala
1 Pinch Turmeric powder
3 tbsp Oil
3 cups Water
1/2 tsp Sugar
2 tsp Coriander leaves
Peel the potatoes and cut into big cubes, slice the eggplant.
Chop the tomatoes finely.
Heat oil in a pan, add the tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder and cook for 4-5 minutes.
Add the potatoes, eggplant, all the dry masalas, sugar, 3 cups of water and mix well.
Cover with a lid and simmer the heat.
Cook until the vegetables are done.
Garnish vangi batata bhaji (eggplant potato curry) with corainder leaves.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!