You can create the monsters of Halloween right in your kitchen! Try this interesting recipe.
• 1/2 cup Butter
• 2 Eggs
• 1/4 tsp Salt
• 1/2 cup Cream
• 1/4 cup Shortening
• 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
• 1 cup Granulated Sugar
• 2 tbsp Light Corn Syrup
• 1 tsp Baking Powder
• 1/2 tsp Almond Extract
• 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
• 2-1/2 cups Confectioners` Sugar (sifted)
• Black Decorating Gel (or black gumdrops)
• Add together cream, butter, shortening and granulated sugar in an electric mixer for 1 to 2 minutes.
• Now add corn syrup, eggs, vanilla and almond extracts, and salt to it. Mix it thoroughly until the mixture gets fluffy.
• Sieve 1-3/4 cups of flour and baking powder together. Add this to sugar mixture and blend well. Cover and refrigerate the dough for 2-3 hours.
• Now smear the flat surface with remaining flour and roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
• From the rolled out dough, cut out faces with oval or egg shaped cookie cutters and use edge of a teaspoon to form teardrop-shaped eyes.
• Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place the cookies on ungreased cookie sheet and bake them for 8 to 10 minutes until sides begin to brown slightly.
• Allow the cookies to cool on cooling rack positioned over sheet of waxed paper.
• To make glaze, take confectioners` sugar and add cream, tablespoon by tablespoon, until smooth and thin.
• Pour glaze over cooled cookies on rack (Waxed paper will catch drips).
• Once glaze is dry, decorate faces with black gel or use sliced black gumdrops to make eyes.