Healthy recipe: Ukadpendi
A healthy and versatile snack
- 2 cups - Wheat flour
- 2 - Tomatoes
- 1.5 - Onion
- 1/2 tsp - Ginger (shredded)
- 1/2 tsp - Garlic (shredded/chopped)
- 1/2 cup - Cabbage (chopped fine)
- 25 g - powdered ground nuts
- 1/2 cup - coriander
- 5 tsp - refined oil
- 3 tsp - Ghee
- 4 cups - water
- Heat ghee in a deep-bottom vessel.
- Fry wheat flour till it is red and well roasted.
- In another pan, add refined oil, chopped tomato, onion and peas. Shallow fry.
- Add powdered ground nuts and shallow-fry.
- When the all ingredients are fried, add curd and water.
- When the water boils, add the fried flour while stirring slowly till it thickens and cook till it's done.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
This is a healthy filling warm and versatile snack that can be had for breakfast,lunch or evening snacks. Not only does it have whole grains but is also a rich source of proteins by adding groundnuts and curd. The addition of vegetables adds to the nutritional benefits.
Being semisolid and soft in consistency makes it easier even for young children and toddlers to have it.
Not only is it easy to make but it tastes good as well.
This recipe has been provided by Sneha Tapadia, CEO, Jumpstart.