Holi special recipe: Kesari Malai Peda
Four cups of milk
A few strands of saffron
A pinch of citric acid
Two teaspoons of cornflour, dissolved in two tablespoons of milk
¼ tsp green cardamom powder
10 teaspoons Sugar Free Natura Diet Sugar
Eight almonds, chopped
* Bring milk to a boil in a deep pan and simmer till it reduces to half its original quantity. Add saffron and mix well.
* Mix citric acid in two teaspoons of water and add to the thickened milk.
* Add dissolved cornflour and stir continuously till the mixture thickens.
* Add green cardamom powder and mix well.
* Take pan off the heat and stir in Sugar Free Natura Diet Sugar and set aside to cool.
* Divide the mixture into eight equal portions and shape them into round pedas.
* Sprinkle almonds over the pedas and serve.