Italian: Bean and Pasta Soup
Try out this mouthwatering soup from the italian cuisine.
• 5 Fresh Sage Leaves
• 16 cups Dried Cannellini Beans (or white beans)
• 2 tsp Rosemary Leaves (fresh)
• 1/2 tsp Cayenne Flakes
• 6 cups Water
• 3 tbsp Tomato Paste
• 31/2 cloves Garlic (minced)
• 21/2 cloves Garlic
• 10 tbsp Olive Oil
• Salt (as per taste)
• Pepper (as per taste)
• 8 oz Ziti or Tubular Pasta (short)
• Soak the beans a night before in cold water. In the morning, drain and rinse them.
• Take a large stew pot and put beans in it, with whole garlic, water, sage leaves and 3 tbsp oil.
• Bring the beans to a boil and cook them on simmer for approximately 1 hour. Make sure they are tender.
• Take a small skillet and heat 6 tbsp of oil and garlic and stir for 1 minute.
• Mix cayenne pepper flakes, tomato paste, salt, pepper and fresh rosemary leaves in it and stir again.
• Add the above mixture to the cooked beans.
• Stir well.
• Filter soup through food mill.
• Pour it in the stew pot and cook on low heat, till it is slightly thick.
• Cook the short pasta in a pot, with water and salt added to it, until it becomes soft.
• Drain the water and add soup in it.
• Cook it for 15 minutes
• Serve hot.