Made with puffed rice, fried or roasted grains and jaggery, Laai or Larua is a typical dish from Bihar eaten with relish during Makar Sankranti.
½ kg jaggery
250gms puffed rice or ½ kg chiwra or roasted gram or roasted til
4 tsp grated ginger
Heat jaggery with a cup of water in a heavy bottomed pan. Bring it to boil. Take a spoon of jaggery and pour it in a bowl of water. If it remains soft, boil further but if the jaggery becomes crunchy and sticky, immediately remove from fire.
Add ginger and puffed rice or gram or chivra or til. Mix vigorously, and immediately make into round balls because if the mixture will cool down, the jaggery will become hard making it impossible to form balls.
This can be stored for a long time. On Til Sankranti it is eaten along with creamy
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Peterson Hill' set relocated
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita Khan's wedding reception in Mandi
- Shield hair from monsoon humidity
- `Piku' crosses Rs 100 crore mark worldwide
- Aamir Khan visits Sonam Kapoor on the sets of 'Neerja'
- Rolling Stones kick off 'Zip Code' stadium tour in San Diego
- Katy Perry's gigs are mental: Charli XCX
- 10 Things you should definitely do in a lifetime
- Lalit Sen to compose for new TV show
- Irrfan, Deepika took romance to new level: Sircar
- Recipe: Dahi mutton
- Ramnavami special recipe: Methi rice
- Makar Sankranti special recipe: Til Ka Laddoo
- New Year special recipe: Stuffed mushroom with pomegranate
- Recipe: Crock-pot chili (Roasted West Indian Pumpkin soup)
- Eid special recipe: Chicken Biryani
- Recipe: Machli kofta curry
- Navratri special recipe: Kaju Katli
- Navratri special recipe: Fruit Raita
- Navratri special recipe: Til Khoya Laddoo
- Navratri special recipe: Singhare ki Puri and Vrat ke Aloo ki Bhaji
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks