Lapsee is a delicious and healthy sweet dish made with cracked wheat, pure refined butter and jaggery. It is not just cooked during festivals, but also eaten with relish when the winter chill descends the plains and hills of North India.
1 cup cracked wheat (dalia)
3 cups boiling water
2 cups Jaggery
3 tbsp refined butter (ghee)
1 tbsp green cardamom powder
Heat ghee in a heavy pan and then add wheat germ to it. Stir and cook till germ turns golden and aroma starts to come out.
In the meantime, melt sugar or jaggery in 1 cup water. Keep it aside.
Boil and add remaining water to roasted wheat germ. Stir gently and cook it till the grain of the germ turns soft.
Now add jaggery mixture to the cooked wheat germ.
Add cardamom to the above-made mixture.
Stir the mixture thoroughly and simmer covered, with occasional stirring.
Cook till the ghee separates from the preparation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Hilarious Nawazuddin Siddiqui playing Karachi reporter Chand Nawab!
- Porn ban: Govt might come into bedroom to see how couples are having sex, says Ram Gopal Varma
- 'Masaan', 'Jaanisar' tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Aanand L Rai to present Swara Bhaskar-starrer
- 'Singh is Bling' trailer to be out with 'Brothers'