Low Fat: Spinach n Cheese
Cook this yummy recipe and discover that good food can actually be made with very little or no oil.
½ kg spinach leaves
2 tsp dry fenugreek
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp ginger paste
2-3 green chillies
1 inch stick of cinnamon
1 tsp oil
2 chopped onions
1 chopped tomato
¼ cup green peas
200gms cottage cheese cubes
Salt t taste
1 bay leaf pinch of asafoetida
1 tsp each cumin, coriander and turmeric powder
Heat oil. Add cinnamon, asafoetida, bay leaves, green chillies and sauté. Add peas, onions, ½ cup water and cover.
When onions become soft add fenugreek, ginger, garlic and cook for a while. Now add cumin, coriander, turmeric and tomatoes.
When the mixture becomes dark brown add spinach, salt and cover. When spinach becomes soft, cook uncovered for 5 minutes. Add cottage cheese and cook for another 5 minutes. Serve hot.
This dish can be cooked without oil in microwave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Taylor Swift beats Kim Kardashian, Beyonce to reach 50 mn Instagram followers
- Sex with Caitlyn on plane, 'most embarrassing' for Kris Jenner
- Shiv Sena lambasts Delhi, WB govts for inviting Ghulam Ali
- Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' faces plagiarism charges
- Haraamkhor' team ecstatic over India premiere