Low Oil: Jackfruit Potato Masala Balls
You can cook this delightful veggie by using very little oil.
½ cup boiled, mashed jackfruit
½ cup boiled and mashed potato
1 tsp roughly grounded garam masala
½ cup chopped onion
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 cup skimmed milk
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp black pepper powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp chopped cilantro
1 tsp oil
1 green chilli chopped
Salt to taste
Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add garam masala, green chilli and onions. When the onions turn translucent, add ginger garlic paste and sauté for a while.
Now add all other spices and salt and cook till the mixture turns dark brown. Put the mashed jackfruit and potatoes and cook further.
When the spices and the vegetables blend well, add milk and cook till all the milk dries up and the mixture forms a smooth lump. Add chopped cilantro and mix well. Now form round balls and grill them for a while. Serve with tangy tomato chutney.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 45: Kanwaljeet’s ‘racist’ comment irks Priya; inmates celebrate Rochelle’s birthday!
- Michael Caine named Britain's greatest living movie star
- Aamir's contribution towards cinema is immense: Gracy Singh
- Bigg Boss: Keith Sequeira makes a comeback
- 'Dilwale' inspires Shah Rukh Khan, makes him tweet about life!