Maharashtrian: Bharwan Baingan
Try out this mouth watering recipe.
8 small Egg plant, Brinjal (Biangan)
8 peeled baby Potato (Aloo)
2 large sliced Onion (Pyaj)
2/3rd cup grated Coconut (Nariyal)
4 tblsp unsalted chopped Cashews
8 Cloves (Lavang)
8 Black Pepper corns (Kalimirchi)
1/2 tsp Sugar (Cheeni)
To taste Salt (Namak)
1 tsp Cayenne Powder
1 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
1 tsp Tamarind Paste (Imli Pate)
8 tblsp Oil
2 tblsp Coriander seeds (Dhania)
3 tblsp chopped finely Coriander Leaves (Dhania Powder)
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add cloves, coriander seeds and peppercorns.
Sauté it for 60 seconds.
Now add sliced onions and fry until brown.
Add coconut and stir fry until browned.
Allow to cool.
Grind the mixture to a paste using blender.
Slit each eggplant lengthwise into four, keeping the stem end intact.
Mix cayenne powder, salt, sugar, tamarind paste, cashews and turmeric powder in the grinded mixture.
Stuff the eggplants with this mixture, reserving some.
Roll the potatoes in the remaining mixture.
Heat the remaining oil in a pan and add the vegetables.
Cook over low heat without burning, add little water if necessary, until done.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Musical tribute to Jagjit Singh by 'Tum Bin 2' makers
- Really? Angelina Jolie has blocked Brad Pitt's number
- Mr World Rohit Khandelwal walks the runway for Nivedita Saboo at PFW finale
- Brangelina split: Angelina Jolie quits movie with Brad Pitt, keeps six kids in $12m home?
- Planning to revamp your abode? Here are some quick tips for an organised home