• 2 cups White Sesame Seeds (til), cleaned
• 2 cups Jaggery (gur), grated
• 1 ½ tsp Cardamom (elaychi) Powder
• ¼ tsp Nutmeg (jayphal) Powder
• 1 ½ cups Flour (maida)
• Salt, to taste
• Oil, for shallow frying
How to make Til Poli:
Rub in oil and salt to the flour and knead it to form dough.
Cover the dough with a moist cloth, to keep it soft.
Dry roast the sesame seeds, till they turn golden brown.
When they cool down, pound them coarsely.
Add in the grated jaggery and pound once again, to make the mixture even and smooth.
• Mix in the cardamom and nutmeg powders.
• Form small balls from the kneaded dough.
• Make a hole in the ball and fill it with a teaspoon of sesame seed mixture.
Pull up the sides and seal the ball. Repeat with other balls.
Oil a rolling board and place a stuffed ball on it.
Roll out the ball into a thin round disk. Repeat with other balls.
Shallow fry the disks, till they turn golden brown and become crisp.