Mexican: Easy Chicken Posole
Relish this mouth watering delicacy.
2 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 1/2 quarts chicken broth
3 cups water
1 teaspoon crumbled dried oregano
2 teaspoons salt
4 tablespoons chili powder, or to taste
3 cups white hominy, rinsed and drained
10 tostada shells
Heat 2 tablespoons canola oil
Add chicken breasts, and cook until no longer pink and juices run clear.
Remove from skillet, drain, and cool.
Shred chicken with a fork.
Heat the oil.
Cook and stir onion and garlic until soft and transparent.
Return shredded chicken to the skillet.
Stir the chicken broth, water, oregano, salt, and chili powder. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook about 90 minutes.
Stir in the hominy and cook until tender.
Taste to adjust seasonings, add salt and chili powder
Garnish as desired.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aadesh Shrivastava bids adieu at 51!
- Look who is playing Indrani Mukerjea in a film on Sheena Bora murder mystery?
- Aadesh Shrivastava loses battle with cancer at 51: Celebs pay tribute on Twitter
- Music director Aadesh Shrivastava is no more, succumbs to cancer at 51
- Short Janmashtami Statuses for Facebook and Whatsapp!