Make this easy, delicious microwave rice recipe in minutes.
• 2 Cups cooked long grain rice
• 1 Cups grated coconut
• 1 tsp Mustard seeds
• 2 Red chillies broken into bits
• 2 tsp Each of split black gram and split bengal gram
• 1/2 tsp Asafoetida
• 4 Green chillies, chopped
• A few curry leaves
• 4 tbsp Butter
• A handful fried cashewnuts to garnish.
• Salt to taste
• Place melted butter in a big deep microwave-safe bowl.
• Add mustard seeds, grams, red chilli bits and asafoetida to it.
• Microwave covered on high mode for 3 minutes until the mustard seeds splutter and the grams turn light brown.
• Combine the chopped green chillies, curry leaves and the grated coconut with it and mix well.
• Microwave uncovered over 80 percent power for about 2 minutes, stirring at regular intervals until the coconut is light brown.
• Add the cooked rice and salt to the coconut mixture.
• Microwave covered on high mode for 3 minutes until the rice is flavoured with the coconut mixture.
• Garnish the coconut rice with fried cashewnuts.