Monsoon Special: Samosas
With rains making market food unhealthy, the best option seems experimenting in kitchen. So try out the savoury samosa recipe at home!Ingredients:
• 1 Cup all purpose flour
• 2 tsp Butter
• 1/2 Cup chopped onions
• 1 Cup boiled, peeled and chopped potatoes
• 1/2 Cup peas
• 1 Green chilli
• 1/2 tsp Ginger
• 1/4 Cup chopped cilantro leaves
• 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
• 1/4 tsp Baking soda
• Salt to taste
• Oil for deep fryingProcedure:
• Boil, peel and chop the potatoes.
• Mix together water and all purpose flour in a bowl and make dough.
• Take two tablespoons of oil in a pan and heat it.
• Add onions and chopped green chilli.
• Add peas to it after frying for two minutes.
• Cook for 3-4 minutes and add ground ginger, salt, red chilli powder and chopped potatoes at last.
• Mix above ingredients well after turning off the heat.
• Mix up all purpose flour, salt, baking soda and butter and make strong dough.
• Make small balls of the dough and roll into thin circles of 5-6 inches.
• Cut into half with the help of knife.
• Smear liquid of all purpose flour and water on the sides and shape into cones.
• Fill the cooked potato mix in the cones and close the sides.
• Now heat the oil in a frying pan and when it is hot enough, put the samosas in it.
• Fry them on medium heat till they turn golden brown.
• Serve them with chutney.
First Published: Thursday, July 23, 2009, 17:05