Mughlai Rose Sherbet
This is a rich, cool and refreshing drink, a gift of the Mughlai tradition.
• 3 tbsp Rose Syrup
• 3 cups Full Cream Milk
• 2 Malai Burfi
• 1/2 cup Sugar
• A few strands of Saffron (Kesar)
• 1/2 tsp Green Cardamom Powder
• 10 Almonds (blanched and peeled)
• 10 Pistachios (blanched and peeled)
• In a pan, heat the milk and bring it to a boil. Add sugar and heat till the sugar dissolves. Set aside.
• Add saffron to the milk and dissolve well.
• Add green cardamom powder to the milk and mix well and set aside to cool.
• Add rose syrup and refrigerate the milk.
• Pour into glasses and top it with crushed malai burfi.
• Serve chilled garnished with almonds and pistachios.