Mushroom and Snap Pea Salad
Enjoy the sumptuous Mushroom and Snap Pea Salad.
Serves: 8 Prep Time: 20 min Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
2 boxes (10 ounces each) sliced mushrooms
2 shallots, thinly sliced
2 sprig(s) fresh thyme
1 bay leaf
1/3 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
4 tablespoon(s) sherry vinegar
1 pound(s) sugar snap peas
1 large (8 ounces) bunch frisé, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/4 cup(s) packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
2 tablespoon(s) (pignoli) pine nuts, toasted
In 2-quart saucepan, combine shallots, thyme, bay leaf, and 1/3 cup oil. Heats on medium 2 to 3 minutes or until shallots are just tender. Pour over mushrooms in a bowl and immediately stir until well mixed. Stir in 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Cover and let stand at room temperature 1 hour, or refrigerate up to 4 hours.
Heat covered 4-quart saucepan of water to boiling on high. Meanwhile, remove and discard strings from snap peas. Add snap peas and 1/2 teaspoon salt to boiling water. Cook, uncovered, 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately rinse with cold water until cool; drain again.
In large bowl, toss frisée, parsley, and snap peas with remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar and 1 tablespoon oil. Divide among salad plates. Remove and discard thyme and bay leaf from mushrooms; divide mushrooms and sherry dressing among frisée plates. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts to serve.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'The Spectacular Jihad...' inspired by 9/11 attacks
- Jackie Chan opens acting school in China
- I’ve fallen in love with acting, says Lauren Gottlieb
- Pulkit Samrat 'can't wait' to watch 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- History lessons for 'Gour Hari Dastaan' cast
- Shakti Kapoor to play crazy professor in upcoming film
- Playing Kashibai emotionally draining for Priyanka Chopra
- Shraddha Kapoor visits 'Baaghi' set ahead of shoot
- Expert detoxification guide for brides-to-be
- Salman Khan thanks Aamir, Shah Rukh for 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' poster release
- 'Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya blaze'
- Winter Heirloom Tomatoes, Buffalo Mozzarella Pizettes
- Recipe: Roasted Asparagus
- Poila Baisakh special recipe: Dudh Puli Pitha
- Recipe: Simple Dal
- Recipe: Vegetarian Pulao
- Recipe: Vegan Kale and Pine nut Pesto
- Maha Shivaratri Special recipe: Mewa ki Kheer with nuts
- Pongal Special: Chakkarai Pongal
- Valentine special recipe: Tomato Pasta
- New Year special recipe: Stuffed mushroom with pomegranate
- Christmas special recipe: Baked Spinach with cheese
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in