Navratri special recipe: Falahari dosa
Last Updated: Mar 22, 2015, 09:33 AM IST
Thinkstock image, For representational purposes only
- Sanwa millet (sama)-1/2 cup
- Rajgira flour- 1/2 cup
- Sour buttermilk- 1/2 cup
- Ginger-green chilli paste-1 tbsp
- Rock salt (sendha namak) to taste
- Oil for cooking
- Clean, wash and soak the sanwa millet in enough water for atleast 2 hours.
- Drain and blend in a paste using 2 tbsp of water,then transfer the mixture to a bowl, add the rajgira flour, buttermilk, ginger-green chilli paste and rock salt and mix well.
- Cover and keep aside to ferment overnight. Heat a non-stick tava than pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava and spread it in a circular motion. Smear a little oil along the sides, cook till both the sides of the dosa turns golden brown in colour and fold over to make a semi-circle.
- Serve hot with chutney.