Navratri special recipe: Sabudana Kheer
Check out this easy to make Sabudana kheer recipe that tastes yummy.
1. Sabudana or Sago 1 cup
2. Milk 2 cups
3. Jaggery or sugar ½ cup
4. Cardamom powder 1 teaspoon
5. Raisins 10
6. Almonds 10
7. Cashew 10
8. Margarine 1 tablespoon
9. Kesar or saffron 1 pinch
Use small sized sabudana or sago for preparing this dessert. You need to soak for maximum an hour for it to soften. This will quicken your cooking process. You can also use the bigger sago balls but it is not preferred.
Boil the milk in a deep pan and let it come to bubbling before you add the sugar or jaggery. Jaggery is healthier so use it if you find it. You need to melt jaggery in a pan with little water to form a thick brown solution. You can do this while the milk boils.
Add this to the milk and let it boil for 2 minutes. Then add the sabudana and let it cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
Meanwhile heat the margarine on low flame; add cinnamon powder and the dry fruits to it for tempering. Heat it for a minutes and pout it over the boiling liquid.
Add a pinch of saffron for garnishing and scent. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before you serve.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- First look of 'Meeruthiya Gangsters' out
- Police file charge sheet against `Peepli-Live` co-director Mahmood Farooqui in rape case
- TV star Pearl V Puri wants to pay tribute to RD Burman
- Watch: John, Anil in `funny wedding` song from` Welcome Back`
- Anurag Kashyap's guidance was very helpful: Zeishan Quadri