Navratri special recipe: Sabudana Vada
Updated: Oct 20, 2015, 09:41 AM IST
Sago (Sabudana) - 1 cup
Potato - 2 small
Green chilli- 2 (finely chopped)
Coriander leaves- 2 tblsp (finely chopped)
Lemon juice- 2 tsp
Saindha Namak (to taste)
Fresh oil for deep frying
- Soak the sago for about 3 to 4 hrs. Cook the potato just right as well. Powder coarsely.
- Squeeze the sago properly, without mashing it.
- Peel the potato, mash it, place all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix everything properly. Do not add water to the mixture. It will form a dough.
- Make equal sized balls of flat tikkis out of the mixture and arrange in a plate. Side by side heat the oil
- Slide the balls or tikkis and deep fry in medium flame.Cook both sides golden brown. Drain in a tissue paper.
- Serve hot with green chutney as a side dish.