Navratri Special recipe: Sema Pulao
Try this beautiful vrat pulao for your home during navratri.
Sama Chawal - 2 cups
Chopped green coriander – 2 Tbsp
Paneer – 200 gms
Khoya – Grated ½ Cup
Singhade ka atta – 2 Tbsp
Desi ghee/Oil - 4 tbsp
Green chilies - 2
Finely chop the green chilies and the coriander.
Mash the khoya, 1tbsp singhada ka atta and paneer well till smooth as a dough.
Make small marble sized balls. Roll the balls in singhada ka atta and roll again between palms.
Deep fry the balls till golden in colour.
Heat a tbsp. ghee or oil.
Add the sama ka chawal and fry till lightly coloured
Add the sendha namak to taste and 2 cup water.
Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
Cook till almost done.
Remove from heat and cover and set aside covered for 10-12 minutes or till all the moisture is absorbed.
Fluff up using a fork. Chop tomato into dices.
Add the balls, chopped tomatoes, chilies and coriander leaves to the fluffed rice and mix lightly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'The Spectacular Jihad...' inspired by 9/11 attacks
- Jackie Chan opens acting school in China
- I’ve fallen in love with acting, says Lauren Gottlieb
- Pulkit Samrat 'can't wait' to watch 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- History lessons for 'Gour Hari Dastaan' cast
- Shakti Kapoor to play crazy professor in upcoming film
- Playing Kashibai emotionally draining for Priyanka Chopra
- Shraddha Kapoor visits 'Baaghi' set ahead of shoot
- Expert detoxification guide for brides-to-be
- Salman Khan thanks Aamir, Shah Rukh for 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' poster release
- 'Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya blaze'
- Navratri special recipe: Kaju Katli
- Navratri special recipe: Arbi cutlet
- Navratri special recipe: Fruit Raita
- Navratri special recipe: Til Khoya Laddoo
- Tamil New Year recipe: Sabudana Kheer
- Navratri special recipe: Sabudana Vada
- Navratri special recipe: Singhare ki Puri and Vrat ke Aloo ki Bhaji
- Navratri special recipe: Marwari Dum Aloo
- Navratri special recipe: Sitaphal Ki Subzi
- Navratri special recipe: Kuttu Ke Pakore
- Navratri special recipe: Jeera Aloo
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark