Nita Mehta's Recipes
Celebrity Chef Nita Mehta cooked for us some exquisite and traditional Janmashtami recipes.
MAKHANE KI KHEER
I kg full cream milk
1 cup crushed makhana
2 tsp pistachios
2 tsp almonds
Sugar to taste
Rose petals for decoration (optional)
Heat milk in a deep bottomed pan. When it begins to boil add makhana and keep stirring till the milk becomes half. Now add sugar and almonds and cook for a few more minutes. Remove from fire. Garnish with pistachios and rose petals. Serve chilled.
1½ cup roughly grated and roasted kopra (dry coconut)
½ cup roasted water melon seeds
11/2 cup sugar
2 cups water
Make a thick syrup by heating together sugar and water on low flame. Now add coconut and watermelon seeds and mix well. Grease a dish, spread the mixture evenly and let it cool. Cut into diamond shaped burfis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!