Onam Special: Dry Fruit Kesari
Onam is incomplete without sweets. This exquisite dish made from dry fruits and rava is another popular speciality.
1/2 cup dry fruits (chopped dates, raisins, cranberries and other nuts)
1/2 cup rava
3 tbsp sugar
2 tsp ghee
1 pinch cardamom powder
1 cup water
3-4 drops food color optional (yellow, orange or red)
Stir-fry rava with 1 tsp ghee on low flame till the smell of raw grain goes. Set it aside for later use. Saute dry fruits for 5-10 seconds in a pan with 1 tbsp ghee on low flame. Add water, sugar, cardamom powder and food color to them and increase heat to high flame. Add roasted rava to boiling water slowly and smoothen out any lumps and mix well. Reduce heat and keep stirring continuously till the mixture is cooked. One can know that the mixture is cooked when it starts coming off the pan easily. Grease a plate and pour `kesari` into it. Let it cool and get set. Cut it into smaller pieces and garnish it with an almond. Kesari is now ready to be served.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Social stigma on HIV/AIDS should be pulled down: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Karan Johar yearns to work with Anurag Kashyap again
- Esteemed sarangi maestro Ustad Sabri Khan passes away
- Serena Williams goes nude for 2016 Pirelli Calendar shoot
- 'Bajirao Mastani' vs 'Dilwale': Which one will outshine the other?