Try out this easy to make peda recipe.
1/2 kg Soft white khoya
2 1/2 cups sugar powdered
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1 tsp cardamom seeds semi crushed
1 tbsp slivered or crushed pistachios
Grate khoya with a steel grater. Add powdered sugar and mix well.
Put mixture in a large heavy or nonstick pan. Heat first on high for few minutes.The on slow till done.
Make sure to stir continuously, while on heat. When mixture thick and gooey, add cardamom.
Mix well, and take off fire. Allow to cool, gently turning occasionall
Use cookie moulds, or shape pedas with palms into patty rounds.
Mix pistachios and cardamom seeds and press a bit on top of each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Two of Drake's songs leak online
- Amy Schumer collaborates with Paul Feig for action comedy
- 'Now You See Me 3' in works
- `Tanu Weds Manu Returns`: Varun, Karan awed by Kangana Ranaut
- Amal Clooney wants to be on Vogue's cover
- Kanye West's marriage will last 'forever', says stepmom
- Model-actress Kelly Brook planning family
- Chelsea Handler goes topless in Bahamas
- Khloe Kardashian, Rick Fox spark dating rumours
- 'Mission Impossible 6' already in developement
- Richa Chaddha's 'Masaan' wins Fipresci award at Cannes
- Ganesh Chaturthi special recipe: Sabudana laddoo
- Ganesha Chaturthi special recipe: Puliyodarai (Tamarind Rice)
- Ganesh Chaturthi Special: Chana Usal
- Ganesh Chaturthi Special: Choco-Coco Modak
- Ganesh Chaturthi special recipe: Badaam Laddoo
- Ganesh Chaturthi Special: Karanji
- Ganesh Chaturthi Special: Modak
- Sugarless Dates Sesame Laddu
- Recipe: Choco-Coco Modak
- Recipe: Jhunka
- Recipe: Sundal
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh