Rakhi Special: Gulab Jamun
Want to eat homemade Gulab Jamuns without undergoing a long and tedious cooking procedure? Try out our quick recipe.
• 225 gms All Purpose Flour
• 2 pinch Soda Powder
• 100 gms Ghee
• 3/4 Liter Milk
• 5 Cardamoms (crushed)
• 1 tbsp Sugar
• 1 tsp Rose Essence
• 2 Pinch Saffron
• 3 cups Sugar
• 3 cups Water
• Boil the milk till it reduces to half cup.
• Cool and add soda powder and 1tbsp sugar.
• Mix properly and make it smooth.
• Slowly add flour and prepare a fine dough. Leave it for an hour.
• Apply little ghee on the palms.
• Make small balls from the prepared mixture.
• Pour ghee in a pan and heat. Fry the balls in ghee on a low flame.
• Boil water with equal amount of sugar. Also add cardamom and saffron.
• Filter and add rose essence to it.
• Put the fried balls in this solution.
• Remove after 3-4 hours.
• Serve hot.