Ramzan Special: Pakori Chaat
Break the Ramadan fast by feasting on this delicious dish.
• ¼ cup urad daal, soaked overnight
• 1 tsp Ginger, chopped
• 1 Green Chilly, chopped
• Salt to taste
• A pinch of Soda bi-carb
• Oil for frying
• ¾ cup Spring Onions (chopped)
• ¾ cups Moong Sprouts, boiled
• 2 tbsp Coriander, chopped
• 1 cup Curd
• ½ cup Green Chutney
• ½ cup sweet tamarind Chutney
• For making pakodas, grind ginger, green chillies, soaked and drained urad dal and salt in a mixer, with little water. Make a coarse paste.
• Now, add to the paste soda-bi-carb and mix well to make a light and fluffy batter.
• Fry spoonfuls of this batter in hot oil. Make sure you fry over low heat, until the pakoras turn golden brown.
• Put these pakodas in water for about 45 minutes to make them soft.
• Take a serving plate and put 4 to 5 pakoras in the plate after squeezing them, so that there is no water left.
• Pour blended curd, little green chutney and sweet chutney over it.
• Sprinkle salt, boiled moong dal sprouts and spring onions.
• Garnish with fresh coriander and enjoy hot Pakori Chaat.