Recipe: Aam Launji
5 medium Raw Mangoes (Kairi) (peeled and cut into pieces)
Salt to taste
5 tbsp Sugar
1/2 tbsp Turmeric Powder
2 tbsp Oil
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 tsp Fennel Seeds (Saunf)
1/2 tsp Onion Seeds (Kalonji)
A pinch of Asafoetida
How to make Aam Launji
In a pan, boil five cups of water and add salt, turmeric powder, half the sugar, mango pieces and blanch the ingredients. Drain the mangoes of the excess water and keep them aside.
In a pan, heat oil and add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, onion seeds and asafetida and allow them to splutter.
Add the mango pieces to the spices and adjust seasoning and sugar as required.
Cook for some time and remove the pan from heat.
Serve the dish immediately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HC seeks filmmaker's response on Kashmir documentary screening
- Bharatiya Kautilya Sena burns effigy of Salman Khan
- Black buck case: HC allows Salman Khan's plea to summon witnesses for reexamination
- Revealed: Ex-couple Ranbir- Deepika go candid in `Tamasha` first still
- Joe Jackson recovering after three heart attacks