Recipe: Achaari Murg
Try out this delicious Punjabi recipe!
Chicken pieces, 1kg
Fenugreek seeds, 1 tsp
Mustard seeds, 1 tsp
Fennel seeds, 1 tsp
Cumin seeds, 1 tsp
Red chilli powder, 1 tsp
Turmeric powder, 1 tsp
Onion seeds, 1 tsp
Red dry chillies, 2
Onions sliced, 2 large
Garlic paste, 2 tsp
Ginger paste, 1 tsp
Tomato puree, 1 cup
Juice of 1 lemon
Water, 1/2 cup
Salt, to taste
Mustard oil, 3 tbsp
Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed pan till and add the mustard, fennel, fenugreek, cumin, onion seeds, chillies and fry for a few seconds.
Add the onions and fry on high level for a few seconds till the onions are well coated with oil and are still crunchy (neither fried nor soft).
Transfer to a bowl, leaving the oil in the pan.
To the same pan, add the ginger-garlic pastes, turmeric, red chilli powder and sauté for a few seconds.
Add the chicken pieces and fry on high level for about 2 minutes.
Add the water and bring to a boil. Cover and cook on low level for about 20 minutes.
Add the tomato puree and fry on high level for a few seconds.
Add the fried onion mix and sprinkle salt to taste. Mix well.
Sauté on a high level for about 2 minutes.
Stir in the lemon juice.
The delicious Achaari Murg is ready to serve!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!