Try out this mouth-watering Malabar recipe during Onam.
• 1/2 Cup ada
• 4 Green cardamoms
• 1 tbsp Sugar
• 1/4 Cup pure ghee
• 12 Cashewnuts
• 2 tbsp Kishmish
• 1-1/2 Cups coconut (scraped)
• 1 Cup palm jaggery
• Heat 2 tbsp ghee and fry ada.
• Grind cardamoms and sugar together to a fine powder, and keep aside.
• Heat 2 tbsp ghee and saute the cashewnuts and kishmish.
• Immerse coconut in one cup hot water, grind and extract thick milk.
• Repeat the process, make a second extract and set aside.
• Crush jaggery to a fine powder, keep it aside.
• Bring ada to a boil in one cup water and the second extract of coconut milk.
• Ada should remain smooth but hold its shape.
• Add jaggery with it and continue cooking until it thickens.
• Heat the remaining ghee and add this to the pradhaman.
• Mix the first extract of coconut milk and the fried dry fruits with it, stir well and heat thoroughly.
• Sprinkle with the cardamom powder.