Recipe: Ajwain Ka Paratha
Ajwain ka parathas are very delicious. Check them out now!
• 2 cups wholewheat flour
• 1 tsp salt
• 3 tsps ajwain/ carom seeds
• 1 tsp turmeric powder
• 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
• Warm water
• 1/2 cup vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil or ghee (see link below for recipe to make your own)
Take a deep mixing bowl and put the flour, salt, carom seeds, turmeric and red chilli powders into it. Mix well. Now make a well in the center of the flour.
Add the water, a little at a time and mix continuously. The mixture will start getting lumpy. Once the whole lot of flour is lumpy, start to knead it into the dough as mentioned above. The more you knead, the smoother the dough gets. The heat generated from kneading, also helps the ajwain/ carom seeds release their flavors into the dough!
Once the dough is prepared, set it aside for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes, divide the dough into golf ball-sized portions and roll between your hands till they are smooth and without cracks.
Very lightly flour a rolling board or clean counter surface and roll each ball into a circle of 7-8" diameter (5-6mm thick). For convenience roll out as many parathas as you like, stacking them, ready to cook with a layer of cling film between each paratha.
Heat a griddle and fry the parathas one at a time like this: Put a paratha on the griddle. Do the first flip when you see tiny bubbles rise on the surface of the paratha. As soon as the first flip is done, drizzle a bit of the oil/ ghee on the top and spread well over the surface of the paratha. Flip again in 30 seconds and drizzle oil/ ghee on this surface too. The paratha is done when both sides are crispy and golden brown.
Serve with chilled yogurt and your favorite pickle or chutney.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar, Taapsee Pannu wrap up Malaysia schedule of 'Naam Shabana'
- Abhay Deol marks his debut on Instagram!
- TV celebrities urge fans to go for Eco-friendly Diwali
- Here's how Farah Khan motivated cancer survivors
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil movie review: Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma starrer celebrates undying spirit of friendship