Recipe: All-American Potato Salad
Easy to make and light for the stomach.
2 pounds russet potatoes – unpeeled
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
3 hard-boiled eggs -- peeled and cut into small dice
5 green onions -- small dice
3 stalks celery -- small dice
1/2 cup mayonaise
bacon bits -- optional
sweet pickles, diced -- optional
For boiling the potatoes: Start with cold, well salted water. Bring it to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook the spuds for about 35 minutes.
When they`re just tender, drain off the water and grab your thickest oven mitts. You want to peel these potatoes while they`re hot to absorb the flavor of the dressing. In this case, a component of the dressing, vinegar, salt and pepper.
Now let the potatoes cool in the fridge while you chop the onions and celery, and prepare the hard boiled eggs for the salad. Some bacon bits and or sweet pickles would be great!
Toss all of the ingredients with the mayonnaise and place the salad back in the refrigerator until you`re ready to serve.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Police file charge sheet against `Peepli-Live` co-director Mahmood Farooqui in rape case
- TV star Pearl V Puri wants to pay tribute to RD Burman
- Watch: John, Anil in `funny wedding` song from` Welcome Back`
- Anurag Kashyap's guidance was very helpful: Zeishan Quadri
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed