Recipe: Almond Strawberry Shortcakes
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup oats
1/3 cup almonds
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter
1 cup chilled heavy cream
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups sliced strawberries
How To Make:
1. Preheat oven to 37 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix flour, oats, almonds, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in a food processor until finely ground. Add butter; beat until only pea-size pieces remain. Add 1/2 cup cream and 1 tsp. vanilla; beat until large moist clumps form. Transfer to a work surface.
2. Knead until dough comes together, about 4 turns. Pat into a 4x6 inch rectangle. Halve lengthwise, then crosswise into thirds. Arrange on prepared baking sheet. Brush with cream; sprinkle with 1/2 Tbsp. sugar.
3. Bake, rotating sheet halfway through cooking, until golden brown around edges and a tester inserted into center comes out clean after about 20 minutes.
4. Set biscuits on a wire rack; let cool.
5. In another bowl strawberries, 1 Tbsp. sugar, and Grand Marnier. Toss to coat. Let strawberries sit, tossing often, until juices release. Whisk 1/2 cup cream, 1/2 Tbsp. sugar, and 1/2 tsp. vanilla in a small bowl until peaks form.
6. Cut warm or room-temperature biscuits in half; place bottom halves on plates. Divide whipped cream and strawberries over.
7. Place the remaining biscuit halves on top and garnish with more strawberries.