Recipe: Almond Strawberry Shortcakes
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup oats
1/3 cup almonds
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter
1 cup chilled heavy cream
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups sliced strawberries
How To Make:
1. Preheat oven to 37 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix flour, oats, almonds, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in a food processor until finely ground. Add butter; beat until only pea-size pieces remain. Add 1/2 cup cream and 1 tsp. vanilla; beat until large moist clumps form. Transfer to a work surface.
2. Knead until dough comes together, about 4 turns. Pat into a 4x6 inch rectangle. Halve lengthwise, then crosswise into thirds. Arrange on prepared baking sheet. Brush with cream; sprinkle with 1/2 Tbsp. sugar.
3. Bake, rotating sheet halfway through cooking, until golden brown around edges and a tester inserted into center comes out clean after about 20 minutes.
4. Set biscuits on a wire rack; let cool.
5. In another bowl strawberries, 1 Tbsp. sugar, and Grand Marnier. Toss to coat. Let strawberries sit, tossing often, until juices release. Whisk 1/2 cup cream, 1/2 Tbsp. sugar, and 1/2 tsp. vanilla in a small bowl until peaks form.
6. Cut warm or room-temperature biscuits in half; place bottom halves on plates. Divide whipped cream and strawberries over.
7. Place the remaining biscuit halves on top and garnish with more strawberries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- TV celebrities urge fans to go for Eco-friendly Diwali
- Here's how Farah Khan motivated cancer survivors
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil movie review: Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma starrer celebrates undying spirit of friendship
- Athiya Shetty shares her style mantra
- Shivaay movie review: Defies gravity and conviction