Recipe: Andhra Tomato Rasam
2 Tomatoes (medium sized)
11/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
1 tsp Urud Dal
3 Dry Red Chilies
1 tbsp Tamarind (Extracted)
How to make Andhra Tomato Rasam
Grind the tomatoes to make it a fine paste.
Take a bowl of 250 ml of water, soak tamarind to it and then drain the water in a separate bowl.
Add tomato paste to the tamarind water and keep the mixture aside.
Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
When it starts spluttering, add urad dal, a pinch of asafetida and red Chilies.
Add the tamarind and tomato water to it.
Bring the above mixture to boil and then serve piping hot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Arshad Warsi says 'Mata ka email' song doesn't intend to hurt anyone's sentiments
- 'Guddu Rangeela' conveys serious message with pinch of salt, says Arshad Warsi
- PIL against 'Mohalla Assi': HC fixes July 6 as date of hearing
- Sunny Leone to play cameo in Akshay Kumar's 'Singh Is Bliing'