Recipe: Anjeer ki Chutney
• 500 g Figs (Anjeer) (blanched and sliced)
• 15-20 Almonds (Badam) (blanched and sliced)
• 3 tbsp Oil
• 4-5 cloves Garlic (chopped)
• 2 medium Onion (chopped)
• 2 tbsp Malt Vinegar
• 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
• Salt to taste
• 4 tbsp Sugar
• 3 Green Chillies (finely chopped)
• 1 tsp Green Cardamom Powder
• 2 tbsp White Vinegar
• 1 tbsp Melon Seeds (Magaz)
How to make
In a kadhai,heat 2 tbs of oil and lightly saute the garlic followed by onions.
Add malt vinegar, red chilli powder,salt, 3 tbs of sugar and a quater cup of water to it and mix well.
Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
In a blender take figs, green chilies,half of the almond,green cardamom powder,the cooked spices, a tbsp of white vinegar and water to make a smooth paste.
In a kadhai, heat the oil,and add melon seeds,sliced almonds and the fig paste and mix well.
Add remaining sugar for glaze and white vinegar for sourness.
Remove from heat and cool.