Try out this easy to make appam recipe during Onam celebrations.
• 1/2 cup Cooked Rice
• 1/2 kg Raw Rice
• 1 Coconut (grated)
• 2-1/2 cup Water
• 3 tsp Sugar
• 1/2 tsp Yeast
• Salt to taste
• Soak raw rice for about 6 hours and drain.
• Blend with cooked rice and grated coconut in a mixie.
• Mix sugar, yeast and salt in boiled water. Leave it for half an hour.
• Add this mixture to the above grinded mixture.
• Leave the mixture for fermentation for 8 hours.
• Spread this fermented mixture in a non-stick pan.
• Put a lid on the pan and heat it for 2 minutes.
• Serve with curry.