Recipe: Apple and Almond Halwa
A delightful treat in the festive season.
• 4 Apples (grated)
• 1 cup Almonds
• 2 Green Cardamoms
• 2 inch stick Cinnamon
• 1 cup Milk Powder
• ¾ cup Sugar
• ¼ cup Pure Ghee
• Parboil the almonds and blend to make a paste.
• Heat oil or ghee in a thick bottom pan and add grated apples and sugar to it and cook stirring till the texture begins to change.
• It is essential to add sugar along with the apples, so that the apples do not get completely mashed.
• Add cinnamon sticks and whole green cardamom and stir it well. Add the almond paste and stir cook on high heat for 2-3 min.
• Reduce the flame and add milk powder. Stir and cook on low heat till you get halwa consistency. Serve hot at room temperature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Surgical strikes by Army – Has India changed its policy of strategic restraint towards Pakistan?
- Surgical strikes by Army across LoC: Envoys of different nations, including P5, briefed about India's position
- Video: Listen to press briefing by Indian Army on surgical strikes on terror launch pads across LoC