Recipe: Apple and Almond Halwa
A delightful treat in the festive season.
• 4 Apples (grated)
• 1 cup Almonds
• 2 Green Cardamoms
• 2 inch stick Cinnamon
• 1 cup Milk Powder
• ¾ cup Sugar
• ¼ cup Pure Ghee
• Parboil the almonds and blend to make a paste.
• Heat oil or ghee in a thick bottom pan and add grated apples and sugar to it and cook stirring till the texture begins to change.
• It is essential to add sugar along with the apples, so that the apples do not get completely mashed.
• Add cinnamon sticks and whole green cardamom and stir it well. Add the almond paste and stir cook on high heat for 2-3 min.
• Reduce the flame and add milk powder. Stir and cook on low heat till you get halwa consistency. Serve hot at room temperature.