Recipe: Apple Roll
Apple Roll is an American recipe made from apples and wheat flour.
1 1/2 cups of flour
1/2 cup of shortening
1 tsp of softened butter
4 cups of chopped apples
1 1/4 cups of sugar
3 tablespoons of flour
1/2 cup of butter
Blend the flour and shortening in a bowl and then stir in enough water to make stiff dough.
Roll the dough out on a floured surface into a 10 X 14 inch rectangle and spread with butter.
Combine three cups of the chopped apples with one cup of sugar and spread over the pastry.
Roll as if making a jelly roll and place in a crescent shape in a greased 8 X 12 inch baking pan.
Mix the remaining apples, sugar, and flour together and place around the roll.
Add two cups of water to the pan and dot the roll with butter.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shravan 2016: Today is the first Somwar - Know what you need to do today
- Centuries-old fair symbolising maize blossom begins in Himachal
- What is the purpose of human life—Know here!
- Why not: Kangana Ranaut on getting married more than once
- 'Madaari' Box Office collections: Irrfan Khan starrer mints Rs 5.75 crores