Recipe: Apple Walnut Cake
Surprise your guests with this healthy cake made with apples and walnuts.
2 cups white sugar
1/2 pound butter
3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts
3 cups sliced Macintosh apples
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter and flour one 10 inch tube pan.
Cream together the butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Set aside.
Sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add to wet ingredients and mix well.
Stir in vanilla, walnuts and apples. Mix well and pour into prepared pan.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for approximately 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Set aside to cool. Slide knife along outer edges to release bottom of tube pan. Slide knife along bottom of tube pan and inner tube to release cake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Katrina Kaif’s look in ‘Baar Baar Dekho’ revealed!
- I really do want to make my debut on television very soon: Ranveer Singh
- Winter season special: Hair care tips
- Spirituality: Chant this Ganesha Mantra on Tuesday to remove hurdles
- Bigg Boss: Rochelle, Priya have an ugly fight; Suyyash gets emotional on seeing sister