Recipe: Badam Phirni
Celebrate Diwali with the goodness of badam phirni.
Almonds, 12 pieces
4 tsp rice flour
2 ½ cups milk
5 tsp sugar
8 strands saffron
1 tsp cardamom powder
Grind the almonds to a fine paste with 1/2 cup milk and then mix the paste with rice flour.
Bring the milk to a boil and add the sugar and stir till the sugar dissolves. Keep aside a tablespoon of hot milk and dissolve the saffron in it. Add the almond-rice mixture into the boiling milk along with the saffron.
Stir continuously for a few minutes till the milk thickens and attains a custard-like consistency. Sprinkle in the cardamom powder. Take off fire and cool to room temperature.
Pour into a bowl, garnish with almonds and pistachios and refrigerate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amrita Sher-Gil self-portrait breaks records, sells for Rs 18.2 crore
- See in pic: Sharp, fierce Salman Khan in 'Sultan' first look
- I would rather slash my wrists than play Bond again: Daniel Craig
- Ghulam Ali agrees to perform in Delhi, Arvind Kejriwal thanks veteran singer
- Kavita Kaushik fumes, walks out of ‘Jhalak Dikhhla...’ grand finale- Know why