Recipe: Badami Gosht
Eid is round the corner. How about trying a delicious chicken recipe for your family?
5 tblsp vegetable oil (vanaspati tel)
2 cinnamon (tuj/dalchini) sticks
6 garlic (lasan) cloves
1 tblsp cardamom seeds
1 large onion (pyaj) chopped
2 garlic (lasan) cloves,crushed
1 1/2" fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
1 1/2 lb lean lamb, cubed
1 1/4 cup yogurt
1 tsp saffron (kesar) threads, soaked in 2 tblsp boiling water
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 cup ground almond
1 tsp salt (namak)
1 1/2 cup coconu (narial) milk
2 dried red chillies
Heat up oil in a heavy saucepan.
Mix in cinnamon, cloves and cardamom and fry for 1 minute.
Add onion and stir fry till soft
Mix in garlic and ginger and fry for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
Mix in lamb cubes and fry until brown for about 5 minutes.
Whip yogurt, saffron mixture, salt and chili powder and mix in to lamb cubes.
Stir fry for 5 minutes.
Grind almonds with enough water to form a thick paste.
Add paste and whole chilies to lamb cubes, stir well to mix paste with gravy.
Simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) for 5 minutes over low heat.
Mix in coconut milk, lower the flame, cover and simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) for 35-40 minutes or until lamb is cooked throughly.
Uncover the pot for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
transfer to a slightly heated up dish and serve hot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- Chris Pine in talks to play Steve Trevor in 'Wonder Woman'
- Liam Neeson most-liked celebrity endorser
- U2 tour manager Dennis Sheehan dies in LA hotel
- Subhash Ghai to receive IIFA Lifetime Achievement award 2015
- Tabu will bring whole new energy to 'Fitoor': Abhishek Kapoor
- Michael Gambon to play Winston Churchill in ITV drama
- 'PK' collects $7.03 mn in China
- I am a fan of Tom Hanks: Al Pacino
- A movie about Mumbai Film Festival
- Karan Johar starts promoting 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Bihar intermediate result 2015 (commerce) on biharboard.ac.in