Badusha is a melt in the mouth South Indian delicacy. Try out this easy to make recipe.
• 2 cups all purpose flour
• 1/2 cup ghee
• 2 cups sugar
• 2 cups water
• 2-3 tsp of baking soda
• Oil for deep frying
• Sliced pista and almonds
• Grated dry coconuts
• Heat little ghee in a pan.
• Add pista and almonds. Fry until light golden colour.
• Pour this ghee into the flour.
• Add soda and little water. Make soft dough.
• Cover it with a wet cloth for 30 minutes.
• Take water and sugar in a saucepan and boil it to make thick syrup.
• If the syrup becomes thick, add water and heat it again.
• Divide the dough and make small sized balls.
• Flatten slightly and make a hole in the center.
• Prepare all the badhushas.
• Heat oil over medium flame.
• Deep fry the badhushas until golden brown.
• Put them immediately into the sugar syrup for about 10 minutes.
• Place them on a plate.
• Sprinkle fried nuts and grated dry coconut.