Recipe: Baked custard
The taste you will remember for long.
½ cup (120g) sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 quart (946ml) milk
butter or shortening
1.Beat the eggs, the sugar, the salt, and the vanilla together.
2.Scald the milk and add it very slowly, stirring constantly. (See Tempering.)
3.Pour the mixture into a greased or buttered baking dish or greased or buttered small molds.
4.Place the baking dish or the molds in a pan of water in a slow oven and bake for between 30 and 40 minutes.
5.Test if the custard is cooked with a knife, which will come out clean when the custard is thoroughly baked
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tough times in India: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra on intolerance row
- Response to 'Wazir' trailer makes Bejoy Nambiar 'ecstatic'
- Salman's 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' outraces lifetime earnings of '3 Idiots'
- Bigg Boss: Priya Malik to throw 'pee' on Kishwer in upcoming episode!
- We're going back to dark ages: Emraan Hashmi on film censorship