Enjoy the crispy and tasty banana cookies.
• 1/2 cuP Butter
• 1 cup Sugar
• 1 Egg, (room temperature)
• 1 cup Mashed Bananas (about 2 ½ large bananas)
• 1 tsp Baking Soda
• 2 cups Flour
• A pinch Salt
• 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp Ground Mace or Nutmeg
• 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
• 1 cup walnuts/ chocolate chips)
• Preheat the oven to 300°F.
• Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
• Add the egg and continue to beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
• In a bowl, mix the mashed bananas and baking soda. Let it sit for 2 minutes. The baking soda will react with the acid in the bananas, which in turn will give the cookies their lift and rise.
• Mix the banana mixture into the butter mixture.
• Mix together the flour, salt, and spices and sift into the butter and banana mixture. Mix until just combined.
• Fold the pecans or walnuts or chocolate chips into the batter.
• Drop in dollops onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
• Bake for 15 minutes or until nicely golden brown.
• Let cool on wire racks. Serve.