Recipe: Banana Halwa
Try out this delectable halwa recipe during Onam.
• 6 Ripe Bananas(peeled)
• 4-5 tbsp Sugar
• 2-3 tsp Ghee
• 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
• Mash the bananas.
• Heat ghee in a heavy pan.
• Add bananas and cook over low heat, stirring to prevent the mixture from sticking.
• Cook for 10 minutes over medium flame or until bananas have browned.
• Add more ghee as necessary.
• Add sugar after 4-5 minutes and continue stirring until dissolved.
• Add cardamom powder and remove from heat.
• Keep stirring till the mixture becomes viscous.
• Allow to cool.
• Serve hot.