Recipe: Banana Twisters
Try out this easy to make, delightful snack.Ingredients:
• 2 cups Maida (Flour)
• ½ cup Mashed Banana(ripe)
• 3 tbsp of Ghee
• 1-2 tbsp of Milk Procedure:
• Add the banana pulp with the maida, milk and add just little water to knead into a dough.
• Divide dough into 5 portions.
• Roll each portion into a thick chapatti with a rolling pin.
• Now lavishly spread ghee on the chapatti and cut into half inch broad long strip.
• Carefully pick up each strip and twist gently.
• The strip in the centre of the chapatti which are long in length should be cut into 2 halves and then twisted.
• Either deep fry these strips in hot oil till golden and crispy, or bake these in a preheated oven at 200-C for 10 minutes or until light brown in color.
First Published: Tuesday, May 04, 2010, 11:05