Recipe: Basic Yellow Cake
Treat your taste buds with this yummy basic yellow cake.
• 2 2/3 cups cake flour
• 2 t. baking powder
• 1/8 t. salt
• 1 cup (2 sticks) dairy-free soy margarine, slightly cooler than room temperature
• 2 cups granulated sugar
• 1 ½ t. vanilla extract
• 4 large eggs
• 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, soy milk or rice milk
Preheat the oven to 325 F. Lightly grease (with dairy-free margarine) two 8" round cake pans, line with greased parchment and lightly flour, tapping out excess. Set aside.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
In another medium-large mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer, beat together the soy margarine and sugar until fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add the vanilla, beating until well combined.
Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between additions.
Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the margarine mixture, followed by 1/3 cup of the almond milk, and continue adding the remaining ingredients in two more additions, beating well before adding the next. Mix until just combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared pans, smoothing the tops with an offset spatula. Bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean. Allow the cakes to cool for 10 minutes in the pans before transferring the cakes to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cool, frost with dairy-free frosting of your choice and serve, either as two single-layer cakes or one layer cake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Michael Jackson`s Neverland on sale for $100 million
- Witch hunting to be subject of new Assamese film
- Alia Bhatt teams up with mother for new ad
- Sonakshi Sinha's singing performance at IIFA a 'dream come true'
- IBFW 2015 to start on July 15, go beyond metros
- Khloe ready to finalise divorce from Lamar Odom
- 'San Andreas' review: This temblor is worth watching
- Neelesh Misra to scrutinise Indian governance in 'Ramrajya'
- 'Socially appealing' show attracts Amol Palekar back to TV
- 28 years of 'Mr. India' and Anil Kapoor still looks the same
- Shoojit Sircar is terrific: Yami Gautam
- New Year special recipe: Decorated Cupcakes
- New Year special recipe: Chocolate with raisins
- New Year special recipe: Chocolate Pancake
- New Year Special Recipe: Gingerbread Cookies
- New Year special recipe: Stuffed mushroom with pomegranate
- New Year special recipe: Rainbow Cake
- Christmas Special Recipe: Honey glazed chicken ham
- New Year special recipe: Chocolate badam lassi
- New Year special recipe: Chocolaty pancake
- New Year special recipe: Raisin chocolates
- Christmas Recipe: Lamb Rosemary Honey Mustard Roast
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in