Recipe: Batata vada recipe
Check out this Mumbai special mouth watering batata vada recipe right away!
3/4 kg. potatoes
3-4 onions, chopped finely
2 cups bengal gram flour (besan)
3-4 green chillies
A small piece ginger
4 cloves garlic
2 tbsp grated coconut
Sugar to taste
Juice of one lime
A few sprigs coriander leaves, chopped
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp cumin seeds
A pinch of soda-bi carb (baking soda)
Pressure cook the potatoes till soft.
Peel and mash. Set aside.
Blend together the green chillies, garlic and
ginger to a fine paste.
Mix together the potato, onions, ginger/garlic/
chilli paste, coriander leaves, sugar, lime juice
and salt to taste.
Heat a little oil and add the mustard seeds and
When the mustard crackles, remove from heat and
add to the potato mixture.
Make a smooth batter with the bengal gram flour,
salt to taste, cumin seeds,red chilli powder and
Add a teaspoon of hot oil when making the batter.
Let the batter remain thick.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!