Recipe: Beetroot Halwa
• 1 kg Beetroot
• 2-1/2 Cups sugar
• 1/2 Liter milk
• 2 to 3 Cups of water
• 8 Cashew nuts
• 8 Raisins
• 2 tbsp Ghee
How to make
Add water in a shallow pan (kadahi) and add grated beetroot.
Place a lid on the pan and boil well until water gets evaporated.
Add sugar and half of the milk, stir constantly until the mixture achieves a thick consistency.
Now add ghee and stir well.
Add remaining milk and simmer again for just 1-2 minutes on low heat.
Take off heat and garnish with cashew nuts and raisins.
Beetroot Halwa is ready to serve.
Pic Courtesy: www.akilaskitchen.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!
- Shedding extra kilos for my next role: Bhumi Pednekar