Recipe: Black forest meringue cake
Try out this yummy black forest cake.
8 egg whites
2 cups caster sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
60g dark chocolate
600ml thickened cream
2 tablespoon Frangelico
Preheat oven to 120°C.
Line two baking trays with baking paper.
Beat 4 egg whites in a bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1 cup of sugar and beat well. Use a large metal spoon to fold in 1/4 cup cocoa.
Spread the mixture evenly in the tray. Bake, swapping the trays halfway through, for 1 hour until firm and dry. Turn the oven off. Leave to cool. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make another two discs.
Grate chocolate into small curls. Beat the cream and Frangelico. Spread one-quarter of the cream over a meringue disc. Top with one-third of the pitted cherries and a meringue disc. Repeat the layers. Sprinkle chocolate curls around the edge. Garnish with cherries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- See: When Amitabh Bachchan was chased by a tiger!
- See pic: Shaalia groove in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded' finale!
- READ: What Shah Rukh Khan's Edinburgh speech is all about!
- 'Peepli Live' co-director Mahmood Farooqui forced himself upon US researcher, says common friend
- No film can flop if planned properly: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan