Recipe: Boondi Laddu
Try out the recipe of this delightful, forever favourite Indian sweet.
• 2 cups Gram Flour (Besan)
• 1/2 kg Ghee
• A few drops Milk
• 6 strands Saffron (Kesar)
• 2 cups Sugar
• 15 Green Cardamoms Powder
• 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
• 15 Cashewnuts
• In a pan, heat water and sugar to make sugar syrup.
• Add saffron and cardamom powder to the sugar syrup and stir well.
• Add soda and water to gram flour and make a smooth paste.
• Heat ghee in a deep frying pan and put the gram flour paste in the boondi maker and press out small boondis and fry till light yellow.
• In another pan, fry cashew nuts.
• Add the boondis and fried cashew nuts and raisins to the sugar syrup and mix. Cool.
• Grease your hands and roll out small laddoos out of the boondi mixture. Allow to cool. Store in air-tight containers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranveer lauds Priyanka's versatility, Deepika's work ethics
- Don't think freedom of expression ever been so threatened: Nandita Das
- 'Bajirao Mastani' not competing with 'Dilwale': Priyanka
- See poster: Blazing 'Bajirao' Ranveer with coy 'Kashibai' Priyanka!
- Mahesh Bhatt to mentor Hindi version of 'Rajkahini'