Recipe: Boondi Laddu
Try out the recipe of this delightful, forever favourite Indian sweet.
• 2 cups Gram Flour (Besan)
• 1/2 kg Ghee
• A few drops Milk
• 6 strands Saffron (Kesar)
• 2 cups Sugar
• 15 Green Cardamoms Powder
• 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
• 15 Cashewnuts
• In a pan, heat water and sugar to make sugar syrup.
• Add saffron and cardamom powder to the sugar syrup and stir well.
• Add soda and water to gram flour and make a smooth paste.
• Heat ghee in a deep frying pan and put the gram flour paste in the boondi maker and press out small boondis and fry till light yellow.
• In another pan, fry cashew nuts.
• Add the boondis and fried cashew nuts and raisins to the sugar syrup and mix. Cool.
• Grease your hands and roll out small laddoos out of the boondi mixture. Allow to cool. Store in air-tight containers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan to debut as tiger ambassador on Tuesday
- Jenner-Kardashian women grace Cosmopolitan's cover
- 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' will be super duper hit: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- 'Baahubali' director SS Rajamouli's ropes in Mohanlal for Rs 1,000 cr project 'Garuda'?
- See in pics: Varun Dhawan's 'Dilwale' diaries!