Recipe: Butterscotch Banana Cake
Try out this scrumptious cake.
250g banana, chopped into 2cm pieces
1 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
175ml sunflower oil
2 large eggs
150g plain flour
75g spelt, rye or wholemeal flour
2 level tsp mixed spice
2 level tsp baking powder
½ level tsp bicarbonate of soda
50ml plain yoghurt
Pre-heat the oven to 325 degree F .Grease the sides of the cake tin
Place the syrup into a pan and bring it to boil.
Remove the syrup from the heat and whisk it in the 50g of butter a bit at a time.
When it turns into a thick smooth sauce, pour the syrup into the cake tin.
Peel off and split the bananas and place a layer on top of the butterscotch sauce.
Beat the butter and brown sugar together until it turns light and fluffy.
Add the eggs one by one and then add flour.
Mix them well to get a good texture.
Spread the mixture over the bananas right to the edges of the tin.
Place the tin on a tray (the butterscotch may bubble over a bit). Bake in a pre-heated oven for 40-50 minutes.
Allow it to cool. Run a knife around the sides and invert the cake on to a dish.
Serve it warm with vanilla ice-cream.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!